Wednesday, July 11, 2007

quince and clover


my name is heather, or hetty to some of my friends. i have three crazy, creative, funny, winey, sassy and sweet children (henry, charlie and lucy). i love creating whether it is with fresh flowers, fabrics, papers or whatever inspires me on a particular day. for the past five years i have been designing flowers for weddings and events but now i'm looking forward to my new creative adventure, quince and clover.



the name: it is hard to come up with a unique name that for me had to be a little organic with some meaning. i chose quince because we have a flowering quince bush in our backyard that the boys have picked the fruit from and we have made "quince soup" and "quince pie". clover because of the great bouquets of "flowers" that they pick for me because they know i love flowers. anyway, it just kind of came together and it will always remind me of this time in life when their imaginations are so big and they are just happy playing in the yard or going on little adventures.
what it is: i learned to sew from my grandma nadine when i was a little girl and have been creating ever since. the picture above is one of the first things she taught me to embroider. right now i have so many ideas and not enough time to make everything, so i'm trying to focus on sewing. i have started making appliqued onesies, burp cloths, blankets, bibs, etc. these will be for sale at my shop on etsy. i'll keep updating the shop as i make more things. please let me know what your favorites are or if you ever want to have something custom made! thanks to all of my friends and family for their encouragement!

blogging: i've been so inspired by all of the craft and design blogs and have listed some of my favorites. i'm hoping this one will be filled with new ideas that i'm working on, family life and inspirations!

No comments: